A Year of Read Alouds - Chapter Books

We read, and read, and read some more in this household.  Creating a common reading experience is a great benefit to reading aloud to my children.  It is a family favorite past time, and if you are linking to Amy's Read Aloud Thursday, I'm willing to say it is probably one of your family's favorite past time as well.   


Over the past year, we have read a lot.  Many books get read and shared on this site.  However, some read alouds aren't always shared.  Today, as I work on creating a listing for my children's year end reports, I thought I would share our complete list of chapter book read alouds here, too.  When applicable, I linked the previous post to the title.

The Apprentice, Pilar Molina Llorente
A Nest for Celeste, Henry Cole
Sebastian Bach: The Boy from Thuringia, Opal Wheeler and Sybil Deucher
Night Preacher, Louise Vernon
Handel at the Court of Kings, Opal Wheeler
The Sign of the Beaver, Elizabeth George Speare
Joseph Haydn: The Merry Little Peasant, Opal Wheeler and Sybil Deucher
The Chalk Box Kid, Clyde Robert Bulla
The Strictest School in the World, Howard Whitehouse
Mozart, the Wonder Boy, Opal Wheeler and Sybil Deucher
Meet George Washington, Joan Heilbroner
My Brother Sam Is Dead, James L. Collier and Christopher Collier
Ludwig Beethoven and the Chiming Tower Bells, Opal Wheeler
The Journeyman, Elizabeth Yates
The Lewis & Clark Expedition, Richard L. Neuberger


Next week, I hope to share a listing of our past summertime read alouds.
Until then, what was your favorite chapter book read aloud this year?



Linked to Read Aloud Thursday at Hope is the Word.

3 comments:

  1. We are just finishing an Opal Wheeler book - Wagner, and the kids have loved it.

    What a great list you have... reading aloud rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been slowly working our way through my favorite, Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. We still mostly read picture books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! My kids' favorite read aloud has been The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...