The Creatures We Encounter

Though we live in a development and don't see a lot of large wild life creatures, from time to time we do have a few guests in our back yard.  Most are welcomed birds, butterflies, and pollinating bees.  Sometimes, a stray squirrel or skunk roam the neighboring yards.  Perhaps the most intriguing creatures are the insects.  Recently, while playing in the back yard, the children discovered this spider.


Can you see the egg sac the spider is carrying?  Two days later, our youngest son began holding a balloon to his backside.  When I asked him what he was doing, he replied, "I'm carrying my egg sac."  Amazing what they learn from observing nature!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is crazy! I think I would have run off screaming. I am a new follower from the Friday Blog Hop. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopped on over from the blog hop. I am a new follower via GFC. It is amazing what kids pick up just from life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...