On the First Day of School this Year



I am always inspired by the beauty and grace of The Homespun Heart. Recently, Monica posted their first day of school breakfast. I loved the look of the free printables found here, and went ahead and printed out a set for our family. Then, I found a few other adorable sets of free back to school printables.

Unfortunately, with our last day of summer break beach trip, I only cut out a few of the printables, mixing and matching a piece from one and a few pieces from another set. This actually turned out fine for our low-key celebration breakfast.


The Menu:
Scrambled Eggs
Blueberry Cheese Muffins
Kiwi
Blueberry Milk


Before the children dug in, I read a selected portion of Philippians and we prayed. We dedicated our day and our school year to the Lord. Then, I prayed for each one of our family and our year to come.

Following breakfast clean up, we began our day. Lessons were low-key and completed by lunch time. The afternoon was spent pool side with friends and family.

And, it was the start to the best first day of school we have ever had.



Since our day was such a success, I'm thinking about trying to do one special day for each month. Already, I found this great idea for using an apple basket to hold food. Wouldn't it be nice on a crisp September day?



For more Back-to-School ideas:
Back to School Picnic at Project Nursery (love the decorations and the ideas!)
Back to School Breakfast Ideas at Creative Juice (includes a great breakfast combo recipe)
50 Back to School Celebration Ideas from I Heart Naptime (a great round-up post of links)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...