...this homeschooler has made.Perhaps, you can relate?
- Allowing fear of what others will or won't think determine choices
- Not putting my children's hearts first
- Not adjusting curriculum or lesson plans for child; pushing a child too quickly through a lesson
- Not getting to the root of a problem, changing curriculum too easily
- Spending too much money on curriculum
- Buying into the idea of homeschool being the only way to achieve high academics or quality character
- Comparing our family to others
- Isolating self from others
- Trying to replicate another's way or family life, not embracing our individuality
- Spending too much time, researching, planning and doing, not enough time just being and discovering
...and the plus one?
+1. Proceeding without prayer! Just because we felt the call to homeschool, doesn't mean we should leave God at the start line.
Six Things I Would Tell a New Homeschooler