Two weeks ago, we officially finished 1/3 of our school year, which is 60 days of school. With a required 180 day school year, our year is quickly moving along. In fact, it has been a whirlwind. Admittedly, I don't know where the time went. A combination of my own doing and general circumstances of homeschooling four children creates whirlwind days. These days can leave any homeschooling mom tired, drained, and in need of a break. Today, I have compiled a listing of reasons to take a break. These are some of the blessings of taking a break.
10 Blessings of a Homeschool Break
- gain some rest
- rejuvenate your imagination and get the creative juices flowing
- take time to assess the school year and decide if anything needs changed
- catch up on regular household chores that sometimes get neglected
- complete that major project that has been postponed (maybe actually do the fall cleaning before spring starts, or finish painting the baseboards in the kitchen - oh, sorry that is just my house)
- have time to renew a hobby or interest, or start a new one
- take care of all those errands and appointments which keep getting postponed
- carve out some time to see or connect with friends
- shop or peruse the internet for something other than homeschooling materials and ideas
- find the joy of homeschooling again
Everyone needs a break now and again, even those who love their families and homeschooling.